We have a fantastic opportunity for a trainee to join the tax department of our long-established accountancy practice located in the centre of Harrogate.
The role is a full-time position covering Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. These hours are flexible, however effective time management is essential.
The practice acts for approximately 1,100 tax clients and the successful candidate will be responsible for dealing with personal tax compliance for a diverse range of clients.
Tax trainee duties and responsibilities
Day-to-day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing personal tax computations and tax returns, whilst meeting deadlines
- Assisting with inheritance tax and application for probate
- Liaising directly with clients
- Working with other departments within the practice
- Corresponding with HMRC
- Assisting partners and senior staff with tax queries
There is scope to deal with other areas of tax as the candidate develops within their role, such as corporation tax and VAT.
The successful candidate will receive study support towards gaining their ATT and CTA qualifications. This is in addition to on-the-job training.
The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, the following skills and characteristics:
- High attention to detail
- Effective time-management
- Ability to prioritise assignments
- An interest in finance
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV and a covering email to Tom.email@example.com.
Read more about our Harrogate accountancy practice and our team here.